1. Customers warrant with respect to each container ordered to be placed other than on private property.
(a) that the permission of the Highway Authority has been duly obtained under Section 31 Highways Act. 1971.
(b) that the said permission will be kept in force by the extension or renewal as necessary until either the container is removed or until the expiry of three working days notice is given to us to remove the container.
(c) that they will ensure the observation and performance at all times of all the conditions subject to which the aforesaid permission is granted and in particular will SECURE THAT THE CONTAINER IS PROPERLY LIGHTED THROUGHOUT THE HOURS OF DARKNESS.
(d) that they will not remove the container from the place where it is deposited without first obtaining both the written permission of the Highway Authority and ourselves and that they
(e) will ensure that at the time when collection is requested there is a clear space at one end of the container of not less than thirty feet to enable the lorry necessary access to effect the collection and removal.
2. The customer further warrants as a term of his contract that he or a responsible officer in his firm or company organisation has read or had explained to him and fully understands the conditions subject to which the Highway Authority's permission has been granted and undertakes that he will secure that all the conditions so specified shall be complied with and in particular THAT THE CONTAINER IS PROPERLY LIGHTED DURING THE HOURS OF DARKNESS.
3. Unless specifically otherwise agreed customers shall themselves provide three marker cones by day and three marker cones plus six red lights during the hours of darkness on the container as required by the Highway Act. 1971 if the same is placed on the Public Highway (including grass verges and footpaths or pavements) or anywhere else where damage to property or injury to third parties is foreseeable. They should also insure the safe loading of materials into the container.
4. Customers warrant either:
(a) that the waste material is of a nature that the regulations issued by the Secretary of State under the Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act. 1972 (hereinafter called the Act) in force on the date of removal of each loaded container exempt the waste material being removed from the provisions of the Act or
(b) that the required notice has been served under the provisions of Section 3 (1) of the Act on the required authority in the form required by Section 3 (2) of the Act covering removal of each loaded container.
5. Customers requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting to leave the road shall re-imburse us in full in respect of any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain whether it is a result of damage to the vehicle, to the container or to the property of the customer or the third party including to the road margins and pavements.
6. Customers shall re-imburse us in respect of any loss or damage to the containers whilst on hire to them from whatsoever cause the same may arise (fair wear and tear excepted). Customers shall also fully indemnify us in respect of any claim for injuries to persons or property arising out of the use of the containers whilst on hire to them howsoever the same may be caused or arise, and in particular customers undertake
(a) NOT TO LIGHT FIRES in the container nor burn anything therein
(b) not to place any corrosive acid or noxious substance nor liquid cement or concrete in the container
(c) to ensure that the container is not filled above the level of the sides thereof
(d) to pay all extra expense and costs including possibly a new container which may result from non-observance of the above Overloaded skips will not be removed until excess has been unloaded at the customer's responsibility.
7. One clear working day's notice is required to terminate the hiring of the container. Customers undertake to fill the skip within the period of the licence granted under the Highways Act and to give us such notice of its readiness for collection.
8. Included in the standard price of this contract is a ten minute period for the deposit of or loading and removal of a container. Any further delay ensuing from whatsoever cause will result in demurrage being charged at the day work rate of the vehicle kept waiting.
9. Customers should ensure the safe loading of materials into containers. (Ownership of the contents of any container shall pass to us upon collection unless otherwise agreed in writing).
10. In the event of the Highway Authority or the Police exercising their powers to, or to cause to, light, move or remove the container during the period of hire the customer acknowledges that he is responsible for all costs hereby incurred.
In recent years GB have offered a range of services to solve our waste problems. Each of these have been carried out in the most prompt, efficient and professional manner. With highly competitive rates and impeccable service GB offer the complete package when dealing with any waste issues. In my 8 years of dealing with them I am yet to come across any complications and I would strongly recommend them.
John Wood - JAW Roofing - Director
I received exceptional service from start to finish. I found the staff courteous and efficient, they could not have been more helpful. I needed a skip urgently. They helped with the size of skip and asked its usage etc. so that the skip they suggested wouldn't be over weight once filled. It arrived the next day by 8am! They were even able to help me with last minute requests of boards (for the skip to sit on)! The skip was collected 3 days later (as requested by me) and again they arrived within the time slot they had given me. The whole experience was professional and painless! I would highly recommend them and would not bother looking elsewhere!
Mrs Pitt - Woodford Green - Resident
Hi Ben and Patrick, I wanted to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your excellent services over the past two years. You have always been consistently efficient, profesional and friendly. All your drivers are very kind and extremely polite to us and deliver and collect skips with a smile. At one point we were so pleased with one of your drivers and wished to tip him, but he did not accept and said that it was his duty. We have been in business for over 30 years and developed many properties and dealt with many skip companies, but none of them have quite matched up to your standards.
We wish you all the best of luck and success in the future.
Ali Kholghi - Barking Hotel
GB supply skips for us across East London and Essex. We have worked closely with them since the start of our operation 7 years ago and we cannot recommend them highly enough. They have an excellent team of staff who are friendly, helpful and efficient. Their speed of service and reliability is second to none and their willingness to go out of their way to help us at short notice on difficult jobs is really quite unusual in this industry. They have literally supplied 1000s of skips for AMA over the years and I would struggle to find one complaint.
Since 2007 GB have supplied us with all different sizes of skips while we regularly use both waste transfer stations. In time we have built up an excellent working relationship, particularly down to the efficient and professional manner GB operate. LBN and GB have worked along side each other to ensure all waste projects are dealt with in the most economical and environmentally friedly way. GB are our first point of call for any waste issues in both London Borough of Newham and any other areas. I would highly recommend GB as they have consistently proved to be one of the leading companies in the waste industry and look forward to cementing our affiliation in the future.
London Borough of Newham