skip to Main Content
Back To Top
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Customers warrant with respect to each container ordered to be placed other than on private property.
- that the permission of the Highway Authority has been duly obtained under Section 31 Highways Act. 1971.
- that the said permission will be kept in force by the extension or renewal as necessary until either the container is removed or until the expiry of three working days notice is given to us to remove the container.
- that they will ensure the observation and performance at all times of all the conditions subject to which the aforesaid permission is granted and in particular will SECURE THAT THE CONTAINER IS PROPERLY LIGHTED THROUGHOUT THE HOURS OF DARKNESS.
- that they will not remove the container from the place where it is deposited without first obtaining both the written permission of the Highway Authority and ourselves and that they
- will ensure that at the time when collection is requested there is a clear space at one end of the container of not less than thirty feet to enable the lorry necessary access to effect the collection and removal.
- The customer further warrants as a term of his contract that he or a responsible officer in his firm or company organisation has read or had explained to him and fully understands the conditions subject to which the Highway Authority’s permission has been granted and undertakes that he will secure that all the conditions so specified shall be complied with and in particular THAT THE CONTAINER IS PROPERLY LIGHTED DURING THE HOURS OF DARKNESS.
- Unless specifically otherwise agreed customers shall themselves provide three marker cones by day and three marker cones plus six red lights during the hours of darkness on the container as required by the Highway Act. 1971 if the same is placed on the Public Highway (including grass verges and footpaths or pavements) or anywhere else where damage to property or injury to third parties is foreseeable. They should also insure the safe loading of materials into the container.
- Customers warrant either:
- that the waste material is of a nature that the regulations issued by the Secretary of State under the Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act. 1972 (hereinafter called the Act) in force on the date of removal of each loaded container exempt the waste material being removed from the provisions of the Act or
- that the required notice has been served under the provisions of Section 3 (1) of the Act on the required authority in the form required by Section 3 (2) of the Act covering removal of each loaded container.
- Customers requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting to leave the road shall re-imburse us in full in respect of any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain whether it is a result of damage to the vehicle, to the container or to the property of the customer or the third party including to the road margins and pavements.
- Customers shall re-imburse us in respect of any loss or damage to the containers whilst on hire to them from whatsoever cause the same may arise (fair wear and tear excepted). Customers shall also fully indemnify us in respect of any claim for injuries to persons or property arising out of the use of the containers whilst on hire to them howsoever the same may be caused or arise, and in particular customers undertake
- NOT TO LIGHT FIRES in the container nor burn anything therein
- not to place any corrosive acid or noxious substance nor liquid cement or concrete in the container
- to ensure that the container is not filled above the level of the sides thereof
- to pay all extra expense and costs including possibly a new container which may result from non-observance of the above Overloaded skips will not be removed until excess has been unloaded at the customer’s responsibility.
- One clear working day’s notice is required to terminate the hiring of the container. Customers undertake to fill the skip within the period of the licence granted under the Highways Act and to give us such notice of its readiness for collection.
- Included in the standard price of this contract is a ten minute period for the deposit of or loading and removal of a container. Any further delay ensuing from whatsoever cause will result in demurrage being charged at the day work rate of the vehicle kept waiting.
- Customers should ensure the safe loading of materials into containers. (Ownership of the contents of any container shall pass to us upon collection unless otherwise agreed in writing).
- In the event of the Highway Authority or the Police exercising their powers to, or to cause to, light, move or remove the container during the period of hire the customer acknowledges that he is responsible for all costs hereby incurred.